Group Leader – Moulding Shop B3
You will fulfil all the necessary requirements with regards to the operational activities / requirements in the Moulding Shop Department. You will need to meet the Company’s objectives by providing effective leadership to ensure a motivated team and to enable the manufacturing of high quality and cost-efficient boats. To be involved in continuous improvement initiatives and related projects to optimise the efficiencies in the Moulding Shop Department.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Aid the Manager in production planning and control activities.
• Adhere to production targets and that it is in line with the factory’s production target.
• Maintain stable workstation schedules and production-delivery.
• Maintain and adhere to manufacturing and quality standards.
• Ensure daily reporting on status of the line activity and activity adherence.
• Continuously coach, train, develop and mentor staff.
• Manage the performance of the team leaders and team members and that task assignments are adhered to.
• Manage time and attendance issues and ensure a disciplined workforce is maintained.
• Ensure that workstations comply with health and safety standards.
• Continuously liaise with internal stakeholders in R&C for incoming products at both receiving and dispatch.
• Liaise with internal and external stakeholders concerning quality and delivery issues.
• Monitor output and controls against the Waste Management Plan.
• Maintenance as per the Factory Maintenance Plan.
• Maintain and adhere to quality standards at all times.
• Identify, present and implement continuous improvement initiatives.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum: NQF Level 4 qualification (full qualification not certificate).
- Ideal: National Diploma (NQF Level 6) in Production Management/Engineering or related field.
- Experience: At least 3 yrs. experience on a supervisory level.
- Strong ability to manage teams through operational changes in process, environment and resources.
- Good leadership, planning, organising, communication and control skills.
- Excellent working knowledge in MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Able to read drawings.
- Be flexible, adaptable, able and willing to modify activities and direction with an ever-changing business environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and work ethic.
- Possess a professional attitude and promote the same in others.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills (including the ability to write reports, business.
- correspondence, policies and procedure manuals – if required.
- Project Planning and continuous improvement experience.
- Sound understanding of Production Management principles.
- Some understanding of Engineering principles as well as laminating and finishing would be advantageous.
DATE LISTED:23rd May 2023
CONTACT PERSON:Leigh-Ann Welcome
You need to live up to our 5 values:
INTEGRITY & RESPECT / HONESTY / TEAMWORK / DEPENDABILITY / ACCOUNTABILITY
Should you meet the above criteria and wish to apply for this position, you can send your CV to the Human resource officer, Leigh-Ann Welcome by no later than 29 May 2023. Please ensure you give motivation as to why you believe you are suitable for this position.
Kindly note, if no feedback is received within 4 weeks from the closing date; the applicant can then accept that their application has been unsuccessful. Unsuccessful candidates who attended an interview will be informed in writing of the reason as to why they have been unsuccessful.