Snr Adhoc Buyer
The Senior Adhoc Buyer is responsible for all activities related to the Procurement of all Adhoc purchases & services call outs in support to the full production platform. The tasks include, supplier management, cost management, Adhoc purchasing, Service call outs, procuring production consumables, after hours support – including weekends and Syspro maintenance of all adhoc related functions.
In addition to this, Senior Adhoc Buyer is responsible for continuously identifying, evaluating and actioning cost saving projects and any related Adhoc buying. The Junior Adhoc Buyer will report into this position.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Supply Management
- Source, qualify and record new suppliers
- Maintain qualified supplier contracts with regular meetings, site visits, costing analyses and risk analyses
- Complete documentation required by health and safety for all procurement contractors
- Manage supplier and contractor non-conformance
- Perform continuous risk analyses on suppliers
- Maintain database of warranty terms of all your Adhoc Suppliers
- Ensure clear communication is maintained with all your suppliers.
- Cost Management
- Continuously keep track of market trends and movements
- Perform alternative supplier costing comparisons when required
- Manage resolution discrepancies between invoices and purchase orders
- Facilitate financial recovery of unserviceable parts or not completed projects
- Capex Projects
- Take brief from Project leads.
- Liaise with all Project stakeholders to ensure full commercial compliance is achieved
- Assist with providing a procurement resource for all CAPEX project or where assigned
- Ensure all HSE standards are upheld and engage with other R&C departments where required
- Report back to Procurement Coordinator any irregularities and / or concerns
- Review and recommend on sign off on completion of Projects, ensuring documentation is recorded and closed
- Continuous Improvement
- Continuously identify cost saving projects
- Evaluate and action relevant cost saving projects
- Report on cost savings
- People Management
- Build and uplift the new recruits.
- Ensuring that the operating objectives and standards of performance are not only understood but owned by the team member.
- Monitoring the actions and performance of their team member.
- Continuous guidance and mentoring activities to the team member.
- Ensure a disciplined workforce is maintained / resolving disciplinary issues according to the Company Policies.
- Ensure a highly skilled and motivated workforce is maintained.
- Implement Employment Equity as per the Employment Equity Plan
- Work closely with Finance to mitigate any risks to R&C / Projects
- Receive & process all Flowcentric requests as required by Manufacturing for your responsible sites.
- Maintain and develop organizational culture, values and reputation in its markets and with all staff, customers, suppliers, partners and regulatory bodies.
- Maintain and monitor all outstanding orders issued by the Junior Adhoc purchasing Buyer to ensure timely completion
- Monthly reporting on the status of all adhoc outstanding purchase orders.
- Monthly reporting on all advance payment and status.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum: Procurement Certificate / Diploma / Degree
- 5 -10 years’ experience in Procurement
- Minimum of 5 to 10 years of Procurement the manufacturing
- Good knowledge of purchasing, negotiating and a commercial understanding
- Experience of working closely with suppliers & service providers
- Relevant knowledge of accounting and financial documentation
- Relevant knowledge of supply chain management
- Excellent relationship management skills with the ability to engage, negotiate and manage key stakeholders and suppliers.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Analytical skills and problem-solving abilities.
- Results orientated with the ability to plan and deliver against project deadlines.
- Commercially and financially aware with experience in budgets.
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent working knowledge in MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc).
- Minimum 5 years of Syspro experience
- Exceptional organisational skills with the ability to prioritize.
- Ability to present organised and thorough information and data, appropriate for intended audience.
- Be flexible, adaptable, able and willing to modify activities and direction with an ever-changing business environment.
- Knowledge of boat systems would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of technical measurements, procedures with the ability of assessing technical tenders.
- Ability to write tender documents.
- Ability to take full responsibility and accountability as per the scope of work.
- Must be a diligent person with a high regard of mutual respect.
- Understand supply chain management.
- Reduce costs and make Process improvements.
- Contract management and supplier experience.
- Project management experience.
DATE LISTED:22nd May 2023
CONTACT PERSON:Cathy du Preez
You need to live up to our 5 values:
INTEGRITY & RESPECT / HONESTY / TEAMWORK / DEPENDABILITY / ACCOUNTABILITY
Should you meet the above criteria and wish to apply for this position, you can send your CV to the Human resource officer, Cathy du Preez by no later than 30 May 2023. Please ensure you give motivation as to why you believe you are suitable for this position.
Kindly note, if no feedback is received within 4 weeks from the closing date; the applicant can then accept that their application has been unsuccessful. Unsuccessful candidates who attended an interview will be informed in writing of the reason as to why they have been unsuccessful.